Zócalo Health is a tech-enabled integrated care model uniquely serving the US Latino community. Backed by premier venture capital firms and high-profile angel investors, Zócalo Health is designed to improve the experience of accessing health care services and social benefits for the Latino population. A technology-enabled approach paired with in-person services and promotores de salud (community health workers) will make accessing health care simple, coordinating care across providers, and providing culturally relevant care to all members of the family.
The Head of Product will join Zócalo Health at a critical time in the history of our company and of primary care. The opportunity for impact is large and growing, and Zócalo Health will lead the transition from fee-for-service to value-based care for the growing Latino community in the U.S.
An integral member of the Zócalo Health founding team, you will own all aspects of our platform’s product lifecycle while building towards our mission of giving Latinos access to high-quality, culturally competent integrated care. As our founding Head of Product, you will own all facets of our product team, helping us to develop and execute our product vision across a wide range of applications and services. In this role, you will develop our product function from the ground up, and be responsible for both setting and executing on our product strategy. You will partner with teams (internal and external) including various stakeholders such as clinical, operations, design, engineering - in order to bring our vision to life. You will report directly to the CEO.
The Head of Product will contribute in the following ways:
- Articulate the product vision, establish and prioritize the product roadmap, and lead all aspects of its development
- Assume end-to-end responsibility for the strategic value, usability, and performance of our products.
- Drive product creation through its full life cycle including research, design, development, and release managing prioritization and trade-offs among CX, scope, and time to market.
- Communicate the company’s technological & product vision, opportunities, and challenges to its investors, management, staff, partners, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and own the QA process and user experience (including developing processes for gathering user feedback across products)
- Own all product metrics, data dashboards and user research to drive strong user engagement.
- Negotiate and administer vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Define the Product organization’s OKRs, contributing to the overall success of the product organization and Zócalo’s culture and growth.
- Manage the product organization’s budget, also informing our build vs. buy technology decisions
- 5+ years of experience in product management specifically in healthcare
- 2.5+ years of experience managing a product team
- Start-up experience; demonstrated ability to lead product build from zero to one.
- Experience with practice management, CRM, RCM, patient scheduling, patient/provider portals, and health content is strongly desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals. Exhibits excellent, clear, and detail-oriented written and verbal communications on highly complex topics. Adjusts and ‘translates’ concepts to a wide audience of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- You possess entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and a track record of leading new initiatives with limited resources and support.
- 7+ years experience managing a large scale digital product from vision to launch, as well as further iterations through every stage of the software development life cycle
- Strong executive presence and ability to interface with senior leaders internally and externally.
Benefits & Perks
- Ground floor opportunity; shape the direction of a fast-growing, high impact healthcare company
- Comprehensive benefits (medical/dental/vision)
- Generous home office stipend including all-expense paid team offsites (quarterly).
- Competitive compensation (base salary and meaningful equity)
- Generous PTO policy including 10 paid holidays.
At Zócalo Health Inc., we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at Zócalo Health are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at Zócalo Health are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.