Site Leader - Head of Product
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
Continually recognized as a leader for innovation and growth, Drift is expanding our R&D teams and opening a Center of Excellence in Guadalajara, Mexico and looking for our initial leader to oversee the build out of our new conversation space. In this role, you will directly impact the build out of our expansion in Mexico; including recruiting and hiring the initial team, opening our first conversation space and developing a winning culture for Drift. The recent investment from Vista Equity Partners has accelerated our rapid growth, under the leadership and guidance of our LatinX founders, and created a fast, exciting workplace where curious and determined people solve real business problems to help customers every day.
What will you be doing:
- Drive the hiring of this initial team and then manage, mentor and provide career growth guidance for teams of 25+ engineers. In addition, you will lead establishing Drift’s employment brand in Guadalajara and opening our first office.
- You will work closely across the executive team and leadership in Product on the build out and expansion of our first Product team in Guadalajara, exceeding productivity goals at scale, while developing and maintaining a reliable and resilient distributed team.
- You’ll have an impact on both our efficiency and the level of service we provide to Drift customers in the region. Upon identifying process change for our business, you’ll play a pivotal role in implementing any solutions and changes, including delivery of features when required.
- In partnership with Product leadership, you will be a player+coach with expertise to provide guidance during product definition, design and software development.
- Be comfortable finding the balance by taking ownership of the team’s deliverables while giving teams the space to own their work.
- Provide visibility into your work on an ongoing basis to Product and Executive leadership in order to provide visibility to your progress on our mutual goals.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to identify customers that can serve as references and advocates for Drift within the Mexico region and beyond.
- In partnership with leadership, establish quarterly goals and priorities for the team, along with a comprehensive 6 month plan that establishes the growth levers we can pull within the region.
- Be passionate about technology and stay on top of new developments as we build an innovation center in the region.
About you and the skills you’ll need:
- 15+ years of experience with at least 10+ years of progressive managerial experience; prior experience in enterprise, SaaS based software companies required.
- You bring demonstrated expertise in the local market and the ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organization, from technical experts to senior executives.
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive engagement and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Demonstrated track record of managing and leading and developing high performing teams through successful product release cycles.
- Operate as a hands-on leader with the ability to conduct product requirements and design reviews; managing across strategic business initiatives in the region.
- Experience presenting in public, at events, online webinars, meetups and other forums, including at the campus and university level, to support thought leadership, company messaging and presence in the local and regional market.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are an entrepreneur at heart and excited to lead our expansion into Mexico.
- Are passionate about building strong, cohesive, high performing teams.
- Passionate about continuing Drift’s commitment to building a diverse and equitable company where all Drifters can do the best work of their careers and leave a lasting impact.
- Are hands-on and a technologist at heart who enjoys working anywhere it takes to solve problems and delight customers.
- Comfortable working in a distributed environment and partnering across levels and geographies to achieve business objectives.
- Take pride in creating results quickly by breaking projects down. We execute on small pieces to generate visible results.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org #LI-Remote